What to eat for breakfast, what time to go to bed, should you go to that social event or not? We’re faced with a million choices throughout the course of the day and unless confronted with an especially tough decision, rarely give them a second thought.
There’s power in choice and decision-making however; it’s one of the few areas of our lives that is within our control.
“Your money, or your life?”
“You or me?”
“Happiness or success?”
“Paper or plastic?”
While we may not always like our options, the final choice is up to us, and when we realize the responsibility we have in our own lives based on our decisions, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.
When it comes to making empowered choices, we offer these 7 “Empower Points”:
1. There are 2 ways to live – floundering and drifting or making conscious decisions. The choice is yours.
2. Making a “right” decision will lead to less stress and a path to move forward in life.
3. The ultimate goal in life is to look at our wants, determine our opportunities, and try and make the best choices by weighing the costs.
4. Take the time for self-reflection. This will often reveal where different choices need to be made in your life.
5. Before taking on a big decision make sure your goals and values are crystal clear…these will point you in the right direction.
6. Don’t let a BIG decision scare you. Feel free to break a decision into smaller decisions and from there steps that feel more attainable.
7. There will always be people who question your priorities, disagree with your decisions, and get mad when you don’t follow their lead. Don’t base your decisions on the need to please others.
Sister of Soul
Soulspiration of the Week:
"We make our choices; then our choices make us.” ~Unknown