In last week’s Soul Sisters Blog post we shared about how you can lose 10 pound fast by tackling the clutter in your life. Timing couldn’t have been better; I don’t know about you but we’re in the midst of our spring cleaning!
So why are your Soul Sisters harping on you about your piles? Clutter wreaks havoc on personal empowerment! It makes life more chaotic, making us feel overwhelmed and restricted. These feelings can lead into depression, guilt and loss of esteem and confidence. Yes, clutter IS NOT a power-booster.
But one of the hardest things about clutter, which ironically also often leads us to fall into a cycle of chaos, is the question of where to begin. In the above video, Ellen offers some tips: “Ellen Degeneres' Spring Cleaning Tips For People Who Aren't As Good At Spring Cleaning As I Am". While it’s always best to start any difficult chore with a laugh, we think our tips might be a little more practical. You decide...
Where to Begin
- Understand what clutter is. Remember, if you do not love it or use it, it's clutter.
- Approach de-cluttering your environment with the right intention; as you clear the old, you make room for the new to come into your life.
- Start small, with just one drawer, one closet, or one room. See how it makes you feel, and how you begin to open up emotionally, as a result.
- Give yourself a set amount of time and a deadline. You would be surprised by how much you can accomplish in just an hour of focused de-cluttering time.
- Sort things into categories (Keep, toss, donate, sell, etc.).
- Bless each item as it's put into its appropriate category.
- Follow through with putting away, tossing, donating or selling each item within a week's time to avoid it turning into another kind of clutter!
- If you find yourself struggling with parting with your things, don't be afraid to seek out the help of an expert.
Releasing your clutter allows you to let go of old life patterns that no longer serve you, and create new and open pathways for fresh opportunities and prosperity to come into your life. Without the clutter, these new experiences can support who you are now and the woman you are becoming.
Clearing the clutter allows you to loosen the hold material things have on you, opens your energy and sparks a sense of freedom!
The Soul Sisters
Soulspiration of the Week:"Anyone who has ever cleaned out a closet and taken stuff to Goodwill knows how liberating it is. You feel lighter, your mind feels clearer." ~Cecile Andrews