Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life's Fortunes


While at work this week a co-worker of mine went through the office sprinkling a fortune cookie on everyone’s desk. Around mid-day I was getting a bit hungry and busted mine open. Before I even took my first bite I pulled out the fortune inside to see what lucky thing will be coming my way. My fortune told me this, “someone will acknowledge you for your positive attitude.” I thought to myself, “that’s a good fortune” and I stuck it on my computer monitor. I’d glance at it here and there throughout the week and would think to myself, “Yes! I want someone to notice my positive attitude!”

A couple days later my boss switched her “boss” hat for her “mom” hat to take a little timeout from her busy office for her daughter. It was a quick conversation and her daughter left within a few short moments with a chunk of advice from mom that will benefit her in all areas of her life. I thought to myself, “Wow, that’s good stuff; I could use that advice in my own life!” My boss switched gears just as quickly as before and returned to her desk without missing a beat. I thought about that brief two minute exchange several times that afternoon and decided to acknowledge what I thought to be a beautiful mother daughter moment. As I completed my end of the day ritual of shutting down my office I walked past my boss’s door and stuck my head in to compliment her for being such a great mom. She then turned to me and said, “Thank you, I really needed to hear that, you always know what to say, and you are always so positive, I love that about you!” I couldn’t believe it! My fortune came true!

On the way home that day I was recalling the week’s event. At first, I was thinking the fortune cookie must have had special powers in order to be so accurate. But then I realized that it came true in response to my actions.

It’s easy to float through life expecting that things should just happen for us. But it’s important to remember that we need to make the effort to get what we want. And strangely enough it’s usually the tiniest of efforts that reap the most benefits. Whether it’s a stronger marriage, more praise at work, loving children, or supportive friends – maybe you can take the first tiny step towards change.

Jenny
Sister of Soul


Soulspiration of the Week:

There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. ~Clement Stone


No comments:

Post a Comment