Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stop the Clutter!

I came home last night and completely lost it. You know what I mean by “lost it”; where the ugly twisted sister, that you stuff way deep down within, rears its ugly head. It’s never a pretty picture. But it happens to the best of us if we’re not careful.

Against my better judgment I made a late night grocery run in -15 degree wind chills, which added to the excitement I’m sure. By the time I got home I was tired and chilled straight through to the bone. I walked into the kitchen, and there it was…the island counter of clutter that had been staring me in the face for almost two weeks. I’m sure you can picture it; where you almost have to remind yourself that yes, there is a countertop under there. And when you look at it you kind of tilt your head and think, “There must be some sort of space vacuum occurring here to support this type of balance.”

How do countertops get that way? Most of us have them; the one counter area in the house that’s a catch-all for all the items that we need, maybe need, or might need someday. Heck, there’s probably even stuff there for the shear reason we needed a pit stop on the way to the garbage. And before you know it, you can’t find your counter. It’s gone.

For someone like me, this was a recipe for disaster. Clutter has never been my friend. So why was the mess still there? Who knows? I’m sure I was busy, or lazy, or didn’t feel like spending 2 hours cleaning it up…again. Strangely enough I seem to be the only one in the household bothered by this particular type mess.

This monstrosity had been sucking my energy to live! I couldn’t think straight, I felt depleted, it was hindering the potential of my kitchen, and it was draining my positive energy. But in what must have been my cloudy thinking I made the choice to leave it there. So there it sat, eating away at me…for two long weeks. I’m not sure why it seemed like such a surprise that it was still there when I arrived home. Did I really expect that it would have magically cleaned itself?

So I sent my husband to bed (it would be better for him to not be around for this) and I dove in to finally clean the mess. How I had built the job up in my mind to be a 2-hour ordeal, I’ll never know. Just ten minutes later (yes, it took me a grand total of 10 minutes) the mess was clean and I was sane again. Ten minutes well spent!

What clutter do you have in your life? By tackling this clutter head-on could you free up your energy and harness new power? What shift would occur by focusing just 10 minutes on one area? There’s only one way to find out. Now roll up those sleeves…

Becky,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
"Clutter is stuck energy.  The word "clutter" derives from the Middle English word "clotter," which means to coagulate - and that's about as stuck as you can get." ~Karen Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment