Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life’s Lessons in your Email’s Inbox?

You know those “FW:” emails? The ones that clutter up your inbox? The ones that require you to forward them to 10 of your closest friends or suffer some horrible consequence, thus perpetuating the cycle of the “FW:”?

I know, they can be annoying but curiosity gets the best of me every time I see one. While the time management experts will tell you to immediately hit “delete”, I just can’t bring myself to do it. What if there’s some important message, some life lesson, some clue to my purpose hidden for me within the text?

And so I read, on the quest to discover some piece of treasure buried within the typed words, and every so often I find it. It’s an exciting moment when you stumble upon a story that touches you to your heart, which is what the following parable did for me. Hopefully as you read it, its lesson will touch you as well. No need to forward to your 10 closest friends; nothing bad will happen as a result if you don’t. On the other hand, if you think the story will warm their heart, feel free to share the link to this post.

Enjoy!

Kim,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
Once upon a time on an island, there lived all the feelings and emotions: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to them that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left.

All that is except for Love; Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment. But as the island was becoming nearly submerged, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?" Richness answered, "Sorry Love, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat and so there is no place here for you."

Next, Love asked Vanity, who was also sailing by, for help. Vanity was ready with the same answer, "I can't help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat.”

Sadness was close by so Love asked, "Sadness, take me along with you."

"I’m sorry, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!" was Sadness’ sullen reply.

Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so preoccupied with her happiness that she did not even hear when Love called her.

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come, Love, I will take you." It was an elder. An overjoyed Love jumped up into the boat and in the process forgot to ask where they were going. When they arrived at a dry land, the elder went her own way.

Realizing how much was owed to the elder, Love asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who was that who helped me?"

"It was Time," Knowledge answered. "Time?" thought Love. Then, as if reading the face of Love, Knowledge smiled and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is." ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment