Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not Weird, but Wise!

I am fortunate to work with such a diverse group of women. All of varying ages, personalities, backgrounds, and experiences; it sounds a lot like the Soulspring Groups concept, I know. Although, much time is spent as it should be, on the work at hand, quite often tidbits of advice are exchanged while on the clock.

One instance in particular stands out from the past week. As I was working at my desk I overheard a conversation happening outside my door. The younger of two women was describing a situation that she was experiencing with her in-laws. I could tell she was obviously angered by the situation. Like many of us, she was letting the emotions take over and was losing the focus of the big picture...the long term results. The older women confidently stated, “You have to let it go – for your kids and your husband’s sake, it’s best to let it blow over…and it will in time!” I muttered to myself, “Good for her, that advice was spot on!” The younger woman didn’t much like that advice. It was obvious she was hoping for the green light to call her in-laws and tell them a thing or two. Knowing she wasn’t going to receive the message she was seeking, she went on her way. I secretly hoped she would reconsider the advice, however.

The older woman then popped her head in my office, knowing that their conversation had been overheard. She said, “I guess I’m just getting weird in my old age!” I replied, “I wouldn’t call that weird….I’d call that wise!” She gave me a smile and said, “I’d never thought of it that way…”

Do we really buy into the old adage, “Wise beyond our years”? Every single day we are faced with numerous new challenges, new tests, and new opportunities. And everyday we figure out how to deal with each thing that comes our way with style and grace. We learn from the experience itself. We constantly try new things to find out what works and what doesn’t. Give yourself some credit for the gained knowledge that comes at the end of each day.  You truly are "Wise beyond your years!"

Jenny,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:

“We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake, never made a discovery.” ~Samuel Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment