Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Look a Bit Deeper

It was an unexpected surprise to find myself in the company of several former coworkers earlier this week. Some of whom I hadn’t seen in over 15 years. The conversation was much what you would expect to hear during such an occasion; a few laughs over old times, updates on jobs, careers, children, and for some even new grandchildren.

It was during the goodbye’s that one individual looked at me and said, “Jenny, you haven’t changed a bit; you look exactly the same as you did all those years ago.” Well, how about that…Obviously, he wasn’t close enough to see the wrinkles and I have to admit the lighting wasn’t the best so that would explain the fact that he missed the hues of gray in my hair. But still, a pretty great compliment just the same.

Later that day I thought about the comment once again. I pondered it for a moment I had to ask myself, “Can I really look exactly the same after so many years…How could that be possible? I certainly don’t feel like the same person that I was back then.”

To the untrained eye I might seem the same…but a closer look would reveal something quite different. The slight streaks of silver in my hair signify my 20 years of marriage this year. Those little gray surprises appear out of no where with deep rooted strength. They soften with age and blend in time to create a new shade of color; rich in love, respect and compassion. The two crow’s feet that are beginning to appear along side each of my eyes signify my two children. The subtle lines change and grow with each passing year. Becoming more noticeable on the surface as their character develops and they begin to make their mark on the world. The small laugh lines around my mouth signify my challenges and trials. They are very small in the big scope of things, but are necessary for growth and learning life’s lessons while remembering to keep a sense of humor at the forefront. And, the brown age spots, well those are simply reminders to wear sunscreen and a large brim hat.

On the surface it may appear that not much has changed in my appearance over the course of 15 years. But I feel better knowing that that isn’t the case. I love these marks of aging and I wear them proudly.

Jenny,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
"There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age."  Sophia Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment