Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life as a Daymaker


My sister-in-law, Ashley, was hired at Juut Salon in the Twin Cites back in February and to complete her training she needed to do a huge final presentation. The big day was last Tuesday! One day, four models, four looks; this was a big deal. To help her out, I arranged for my sister Kim and me to be two of her models. Who wouldn’t like a fun day of hair, makeup, and clothing?

A few days before the big event, while Ashley was prepping us she commented that David Wagner, the owner of Juut, was going to be at the Twin City’s Salon the same day as our visit. Not only is David Wagner the owner of Juut but he is also the author of one of my favorite books. Now, I was really excited!

About five years ago I stumbled across a book called, “Life as a Daymaker: How to Change the World by Making Someone’s Day”. I loved the concept so I purchased my very own copy without a second thought. As I read the book it soon became one of my favorites. Such an easy but powerful idea; we can actually change the world by making someone’s day. The author wasn’t talking about grandiose gifts or actions but more of just the simple day to day things. It all comes down to paying attention to the needs of people around you and meeting those needs whenever possible. Give a compliment, shake a hand, offer a hug, and exchange a smile. It’s these simple actions that can really change someone’s day for the better.

I decided to brush up on the content of the book before meeting David. What can I say? I like to be prepared for anything! While browsing through it, one sentence really stood out to me. In reference to focusing on your wild dreams he writes, “Working hard doesn’t cause burnout, not achieving your goals does.” Wow, that is so true. I just heard on the Dr. Oz Show last week that more and more people, especially women, are suffering from exhaustion. Most of us think that it’s just a busy schedule. But in actuality it’s more about what is in the schedule, than how full it is. If we aren’t being mentally inspired every day we just feel tired. So this is why it is so important for us to find our passion and live it every day! It affects every aspect of our life and those around us.

So what is your passion? What makes you feel more alive? Whatever it is, make sure you live it!

Tuesday morning I made sure I packed my copy of “Life as a Daymaker” to ask for an autograph. Not only did I get an autograph from David Wagner but he also posed for a picture with Kim and me. Needless to say, he definitely made my day!

Becky
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James

No comments:

Post a Comment