Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Push is All You Need


It was a typical vacation with my parents; my Dad was the leader, leaving no rock unturned or path unexplored. It’s always been that way, but we’ve experienced some great things because of having that extra little push.

My daughter and I were lucky enough to ride back north with my parents this last spring in their RV. And it very quickly became clear to me that Dad hasn’t changed a bit. My parents clearly had a little something up their sleeve as we were traveling through Missouri.

I’ve always wanted to blow glass so I put it on my list a few years back; my “list” of course being my “List of Things to Do Before I Die”. I’ve casually looked into taking classes but always decided that I’d put it on my “someday” list (And we all know what happens to a majority of the things on our “someday” list!).

Aware of this aspiration on my list, Mom and Dad tracked down a glass blowing studio near where we’d be making our RV trek. One late afternoon we pulled into Astral Glass Studio in New Haven, MO. The showroom had so many beautiful pieces of blown glass but unfortunately the blowers had left for the day. This is where my natural response would be to politely say, “Thank you, have a great night.” Well, before I could open my mouth Dad spoke up and asked, “Do you ever let customers blow glass?”

The woman behind the counter was a little surprised by the request, but after giving it a minute of thought she said that if we came back in the morning she was quite sure that “the guys” (the glass blowers) would indulge me by helping to cross this item off my list. Sure enough, we returned the next morning and the guys let me into the shop, showed me the basics, and let me blow my very first glass bubble! As for my list…Glass blowing…CHECK!

Quite often in life we’re presented with amazing opportunities but instead of embracing them we listen to the little fearful voice inside of us. A little push is sometimes all we need to experience something new, great and adventurous! I’m lucky enough to have a person in my life willing to give me a little “push” from time to time, but there’s no reason why you can’t be that person to yourself. Seek out those opportunities, leave your comfort zone, and live life to the fullest!

Becky,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
“Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.” ~Orison Swett Marden

No comments:

Post a Comment