Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Are You Ready for Christmas?

It’s been a very consistent theme this week. Everyone you meet seems to greet you with a friendly hello quickly followed by the million dollar question, “So, are you all ready for the Christmas?” I’ve been asked that question nearly a dozen times over the past several days; I was always quick to respond with, “No, I‘m not!” And that would send me into an immediate mental review of my “What I have to do before Christmas” list.

It struck me like a brick to the head last night while watching my son’s last basketball game of the season. Sitting for over two hours my butt was numb from the hard wooden bleachers and I felt my energy dwindling by the minute. The game got a late start which set the tone for my mood that evening. I kept checking the time; getting antsier by the minute. I should be home getting things ready; checking the items off my list was all I could keep thinking about.

And, then it happened again. Another mom sitting close by leaned over and whispered, “Are you all ready for Christmas?” It took me minute to gather myself away from my pity party before I could answer her. I again responded, “No, and actually that’s what I was just thinking about.”

I was forced to snap out of it when I noticed the score was tied with only minutes left in the game. We scored, and then they scored. We got a free throw, and then they got a free throw. It was all very exciting as the game went into overtime. The boys played tough. It was a great game even though the scored resulted in a loss by 2 buckets. Not even mentioning the loss, my son was beaming; smiling from ear to ear so proud of the 7 points he had scored. What an inspiring attitude he has.

As we drove home I was still thinking about everything I have to accomplish in a matter of days. But what if I didn’t get it all done. What’s the worse that could happen? Would it be so bad if my house wasn’t all decked out with Christmas décor? Is it the end of the world if I opt for gift bags over precision wrapped presents complete with a coordinating floofy (no, that’s not a typo…floofy is a very technical term which means not quite fluffy, yet not poufy) bow?

So what does it really take to be ready for Christmas? I’m beginning to rethink my answer to that question. After all, if God wants to send his Son…. “Yes, of course I’m ready!”

Jenny,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
"For onto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment