Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Take a Shortcut Through Your Problems

The process of self-discovery and the change that goes along with it can be a confusing journey. There are many stages and emotions throughout the process including blame, pain, avoidance, personal responsibility, blame and avoidance some more, awareness, and awakening.

I was recently introduced to the short poem below that so wonderfully simplified life’s journey. I don’t know about you, but I’ve walked down the same dangerous street myself a few too many times. Hopefully as time goes by I’ll get a little more “street-wise” and start taking that shortcut down another street through my problems.

Kim,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
Autobiography in Five Short Chapters ~Portia Nelson

Chapter I:
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in.
I am lost ... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes me forever to find a way out.

Chapter II:
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place
but, it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III:
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in ... it's a habit.
my eyes are open
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter IV
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter V:
I walk down another street.

No comments:

Post a Comment