Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Spreading Christmas Joy Charlie Brown Style

I’ve always been one to come up with silly ideas in the attempt of spreading a smile or two--A trait I acquired from my dad, I’m sure; the man who put an old cowboy boot out on the fence post – just to spark interesting conversation for the passersby.

Several years ago, my older sister lived on about 20 acres of wooded land, which offered the widest array of Christmas trees and pine boughs.  It was a Christmas decorator’s dream, and each year we made a point of heading out for an afternoon to collect as much greenery as we could for our holiday decorating.

One year, shortly after Thanksgiving, she and I spent the afternoon clipping, chopping, and dragging out our wonderful finds.  And then I spotted it – a six foot, spindly, Charlie Brown tree.  I could have counted the total branches on both hands.  And, my next idea hit me almost immediately.  How funny would it be to strap that baby to the roof of my car and drive around for the entire Christmas season with it up there?  It would be quite the opposite from the typical trees you see atop other cars this time of year.

And so that’s what I did; for four weeks I drove around with that spindly little tree on my car roof.  But for such a sad little tree it sure spread a magnitude of Christmas cheer.  Everywhere I turned there were people pointing and smiling.  Perfect!  Mission accomplished.

Becky,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
"Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment