Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is there a Santa Claus?


I don’t remember specifically when I realized that there was no real guy, dressed in red, assisted by elves, who rode around the world in a sleigh powered by flying reindeer? If I had to guess, I would say I was around 10 years old. I have 3 younger siblings who believed and carried the idea of the real physical Santa on for several years after me. I guess pretending with them, and for them, kept the idea alive for me somewhat.

Now fast forward a number of years. I am now a mom; my son and daughter are at the pivotal ages of “believing” and “kinda sorta believing, but beginning to question”; ages 9 & 12, respectfully. I can’t say that they haven’t inquired about the idea of a Santa who receives their letters every year. In fact, my son asked me a couple weeks ago, “Mom, do you believe in Santa?” I answered him truthfully, “I believe in the magic of Christmas. This is the time of year when Christmas angels make miracles happen. Whatever you believe in your heart is the true spirit of the Season.” He must have been satisfied with that answer because he does still 100% believes in Santa. And, I thank God that he didn’t ask me, “Mom, is there really a Santa?” instead. I don’t know how I would’ve answered that question. Talk about your Christmas miracles.

It won’t be long before these two give into the peer pressures of their friends and this one Christmas secret will soon be a memory. Yes, this might just be the last year of tip-toeing their presents under the tree in the middle of the night. With that said, this year I will treasure the moment seeing the magic in their eyes, and excitement on their faces when they finally see the gifts under the tree. Although, Santa may not stop at our house next year, the spirit of everything Santa stands for will be forever in our home.

Now, I pray that my son doesn’t read this blog before Christmas or my goose is cooked.

Jenny,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment