Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?


Pardon my rant but I get so messed up by daylight saving time. I know it’s just an hour twice a year but for some reason my body and mind have a hard time adapting. So this morning, as my husband and I were going around checking all the time-keeping devices in the house, and repeatedly asking, “What time is it again?” it hit me.

Does anyone really know what time it is?

Oh, we think that just because we wear a watch or have a clock in view we know the time. But the hour of the day doesn’t really mean much in the grand scheme of things does it? It might give us a measure of security and assurance that we won’t be late for an appointment or forget about an important meal (heaven forbid we lose track of time and forget to eat supper!). But when it comes to time, isn’t “timing” more important?

I venture to bet that your days are probably a lot like mine; long to-do lists and the compulsive need to stay on time, remain on task, and get things done. How many time-management workshops have you attended or books have you read? Too many to count? I thought so.

Time is the great equalizer; gender, age, race, and creed make no difference. When it comes to time we all get 24 hours each day; no more, no less. So then, there is no managing of time, only managing of ourselves.

What if instead of relying on the clock on the wall, we relied on our intuition and our own internal sense of timing? I wonder how different my day would look if instead of focusing on my long task list I focused internally instead. Would I instinctively know my priorities? Would I hear the whisper of my inner voice telling me a friend needs to hear from me now? Would the anxiety I sometimes feel as a deadline looms, give way to a sense of peace and inner knowing that things will all come together in due time?

Just considering the alternative to the typical daily time-crunch makes me want to explore the concept further! Have you ever felt a desire to shift from a time-on-the-wall existence to one of “internal timing”? Or maybe you’ve already made that transition in your life? Please share your thoughts, tips, and experience. I for one would love to hear your story!

Soul Sister,
Kim

Soulspiration of the Week:
“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.” ~Harvey MacKay

No comments:

Post a Comment