Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Cleaning Your Life Continues with the Junk Drawer


Bear with me here as I continue on the topic of spring cleaning for one more week…

My husband and I tried to jump on the “spring cleaning” bandwagon last week. We worked diligently on things for a day and that’s about how long it lasted. While picking up some random clutter I gathered things into the palm of my hand and headed for the “junk drawer”.

We all have them – a place to keep the things we don’t know where to keep. I pulled open the drawer; it opened about an inch and then stopped. It was jammed.

Don’t you hate when that happens? You stuff so much into a drawer that it doesn’t even open anymore. And this time it didn’t even open far enough to stuff my fingers inside, in hopes that I could loosen the jam. My husband came around the corner as I was cursing “the stupid drawer”, as if it was the drawer’s fault that we had jammed too much into it. And then I stopped, looked at my husband, and said, “This is the subject of my next blog!” He looked at me kinda crazy-like – but I’ve come to learn that when I get a crazy look from my husband, I’ve usually got a good idea!

Our lives sometimes become a “junk drawer”. We allow others to stuff us full with their schedules, their needs, and their plans. And just like a junk drawer, we rarely notice there’s a problem until things don’t work anymore. We feel unmotivated, unfulfilled, stressed, and just plain unhappy. You see, when a junk drawer gets too full, it doesn’t work anymore. And so it is with our life; we keep cramming and cramming until we reach a breaking point.

So what do we do when the junk drawer gets too full? We stop and take an assessment. What items are necessary and which are not? What belongs in a different area of the house? We need to do the same assessment with our own lives. What schedule hogs are really necessary? What could we probably say “no” to? Just as we need to prioritize what gets a space in a junk drawer, we need to also prioritize what gets a space in our lives.

Becky,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
“Set priorities for your goals. A major part of successful living lies in the ability to put first things first. Indeed, the reason most major goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first.” ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment