Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life is a Road Trip


Last fall I decided to begin taking an annual mother/daughter trip with my four year old daughter. What fun! She’d be the perfect travel partner for me since my husband doesn’t like to travel as much as I do.
Four weeks ago we left on our first adventure. We packed our bags and headed to Houston, TX to spend a few days with my friend Anne and her husband, and then spend eight days experiencing the life of “retired RVers” with my parents.

My parents, who have been full-time RVers for 6 years, spend their winters in southern Texas and their summers back here in western Wisconsin. This year, my daughter and I were going to be riding back north with them, for what would be for both of us our first RV trip.

We covered a lot of miles that week; hit some tourist sites, tasted some wines, spent some quality time with Grandpa and Grandma, and created some lasting memories for my daughter. Trips of this nature are far different now than they were 10 years ago thanks to GPS. Every morning my parents would enter in the day’s final destination and our path was set. We were always in the good hands of “Tillie” (what my parents named their GPS). Now, what I found odd was as soon as Mom took her seat as co-pilot, she would pull out multiple maps and follow along with the GPS every mile of the way. They just couldn’t trust their travels to this piece of modern technology.

As I observed this behavior each day I got to thinking about what a great analogy this was for life. How often are we lead down a path but don’t trust enough to follow it? We see all the signs, but because of fear, timing, or just thinking that we might know better, we don’t follow where our life-path is leading. These so called paths are the passageways that are leading us towards fulfilling our life’s purpose. We must learn to believe our internal GPS and head confidently in the direction that it leads us.

I think we’re all there from time to time; where we hear that little voice inside but we choose not to listen, just as my parents did not listen to the GPS a few times. And that never gets anyone very far – in our case, only lost. Keep from becoming lost yourself. Follow your internal GPS; listen to your internal guidance, make conscious decisions, take risks, set goals, and make your dreams a reality!

Becky,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
“All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.” ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment