Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Motherhood Advice from an Angel


I started thinking mid-week about the fact that this Sunday was Mother’s Day and that my blog should somehow relate, but I was struggling on which direction to go with things. I thought that I could write a funny blog; full of humorous mom moments. Or I could write a really deep and moving blog; one that would surely make my mom cry. Or maybe something inspirational would be better? I had no clue. The possibilities were really endless of where I could take this week’s blog post. And then it hit me! I’m a mom – why not tell a “mom story” from my own experience. Perfect!

I’ve been a mom for almost five years now. My daughter will turn five next month and my son is nearly 14 months. I am by no means a perfect mom but I try my best and think I do a pretty darn good job. Oh, but believe me, there are times where I’m stressed, overwhelmed, and cranky all at the same time.

I can recall a specific day about 2 years ago when I was having a particularly tough day. It seemed as though everything was going against the grain that day, including my daughter, who was about 2-1/2 at the time. We had an appointment that I was trying rush out the door for – and that was maybe the day I learned that you can’t rush a toddler. My usually sweet, well-behaved daughter was being just plain naughty. We finally got to our appointment and I was still feeling irritated. It was one of those days where you’d opt to put your child back in if it was in any way possible.

While in the waiting room I noticed an older, gruff-looking man sitting across the small room. I’m sure he could sense the kind of day I was having, as I was trying to keep my daughter from being completely unruly. I went to grab a magazine and this gentleman said to me, “Sometimes, all you can do is love them.”

I have always believed that there are earth angels that are put in our paths in the moments we need them most. That day I needed that man to be there to say those words to me to pull back up from my “downward spiral of a day”. Those words have made a world of difference to me. Since that day I have found myself repeating them to myself whenever my kids are putting me through an especially trying time. And when I’m completely at the end of my rope, I take a look at my beautiful children, and think, “right now, I’m just going to love them.”

Today, I’d like to give a special shout-out to all the mom’s out there: Here’s to our power to heal boo-boo’s, our strength in upholding our families, and our beauty when it’s least expected. Happy Mother’s Day!

Becky,
Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:
“No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones.” ~Harry Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment