Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Power of Believing

It’s been years, as I’m sure it has been for most of you, since I’ve watched the movie E.T. And to be honest I don’t remember much of the details of the film. I came across a quote from the movie earlier today that struck a chord with me though. At some point in the movie (I don’t even recall when) Elliot says to E.T., “I'll believe in you all my life.”

OK, so yes, I feel a little silly getting emotional over a line from an 80's movie but when I stop to think about this line deeper it occurs to me that this is exactly what each of us need. We all need someone to believe in us all their lives. As I think back through the years there are a handful of people who I will always remember for believing in me. They stand out the most because they believed for no reason at all. They didn’t have a vested interest in my success or failure but they still cheered me on every step of the way.

So what about the people in your life? Who around you could use these words of encouragement from you; your spouse, your children, a friend? Take some time today to drop an email or a card telling these loved ones that you believe in them and see what a difference it can make!

Becky,
Sister of Soul

Soul-spiration of the Week:
“Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.” ~Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1958, spoken by the character Holly Golightly

No comments:

Post a Comment