Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Practicing the Virtue of Patience

Previously posted: February 1, 2009

Patience has never been a strong virtue of mine. It’s always been something I’ve wanted to improve upon though. I’ve read the books, done the research, focused on soul searching, had a child – all of which has helped. But it's when life puts me to the test that I see how much further I need to grow.

Two weeks ago I was laid off from my job of seven years. It was a complete shock considering that my position was one of the few in the company that remained busy. Besides that, I had seniority over a lot of other people there. I guess it was a “business decision” that they were willing to make. I’ve gone through every emotion under the sun since then; anger – how could they do this to me?, fear – we’re having a baby in 8 weeks, what are we going to do?, uncertainty – where do I go from here?, doubt – I can’t believe I was that dispensable.

The weekend following my lay off I read a quote that has been resonating with me ever since. “I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I rarely have the patience to wait for the understanding.” (from the book “Believe” by Jodi Hills). This time I will have the patience. I have to believe that this is all part of His plan. Instead of dwelling on all the negative of the situation, I’m going to keep my chin up and focus on the positive and enjoy the anticipation of learning what the reason is. This will allow me the time to focus on myself and my family before the upcoming arrival of our baby as well as my photography and Soulspring’s launch – two things that I really have passion for!

Thousands of women across the country are currently going through a layoff just like me. While it is completely normal to go through a grieving process we can’t let ourselves dwell on it. Join me in practicing the virtue of patience by putting your future in God’s hands and focusing on the positive!

Becky, Sister of Soul


Soulspiration of the Week:

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions.” Rainer Maria Rilke





No comments:

Post a Comment