Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

What are your 3 Words?

Previously posted: March 1, 2009

I haven’t been one to search and view on-line videos much, but when a co-worker told me about this particular feature on ABC News, I was curious and had to go and check it out for myself.

The piece is called “Your 3 Words!” I was not sure what to expect. My friend explained the main premise - viewers write down 3 words that best sums up their week and then they are put together to music. Huh, how could this be enough for a successful news segment, I asked?

Well, see for yourself
ABC News-Your 3 Words Video (please be patient; they have to show an advertisement prior to the video)

After viewing that video I couldn’t help but be inspired. I began to think back to my previous 7 days to pick out the highlights. What would my 3 words be? Well, this might be a little difficult, as I quickly thought I hadn’t done a lot the previous week . . . . or had I?

Vacuum belts, easy
Reconnecting with friends
Patience IS possible
Gymnasts in the house (oops, that’s 4 words)
Spring is coming
Everyone is ok!
James teaches Wisdom
Winter isn’t over

Well, that’s pretty impressive. Wow, what a week I had - I surprised even myself; I really did experience some significant moments. As silly as it sounds the fact that I changed the vacuum cleaner belt on my own was a highlight for me. It reinforced the fact that I am a very capable person. And, while watching my children during their gymnastics class I realized that they are really doing IT; handsprings, tucks, aerials, I was so proud. In addition, I was able to meet with some old friends, witness my husband display the utmost patience during a shopping fiasco, learn that the Book of James talks about wisdom (I’ve got to read more about that one), feel a touch of spring and winter in the same week, and I was able to practice the steps of “what to do when you’re involved in a fender bender”.

This little exercise helped me to see that some of the most common everyday events can be very meaningful and even stick with us for quite a long time. However, had I not taken the time to reflect and recall those instances they would’ve gone unnoticed. Instead of feeling like I really didn’t get much done, my perspective is now going to be, look at everything I did!

Make this part of your journaling regimen. Once a week reflect and list the accomplishments you’ve achieved over the past 7 days. It’s just 3 little words at a time.

Please share . . . tell us what your 3 words will be?

Jenny, Sister of Soul

Soulspiration of the Week:

“You get whatever accomplishment you are willing to declare.” Georgia O’Keeffe


No comments:

Post a Comment