Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Put it in Writing

Previously posted: February 22, 2009

It has been five weeks since I was laid off from my job. Although I know I need to remain positive and trust that this is all happening for the best, the last month has been full of emotional ups and downs. I felt I was wronged in every way - I poured my heart and soul into my job for seven years and it was so easy for them to let me go and to not give the slightest care as to me being 30 weeks pregnant at the time. I would find myself stuck in this cycle of negative thoughts, feeling as though I had no control as to what was happening.

One evening I decided that there is one thing I do have control of – I have control of my future. So what did I do? As crazy as it sounds, I sat down that night and wrote a thank you card to my previous boss. But the most important part is I dated it one year from the day of my lay-off. This is what I wrote…

January 16, 2010
Dear Bruce-
It has been one year since I was laid off from your
company. I would like to thank you for seeing
the potential in me that I did not see myself.
While it was quite a shock to everyone at the
time you must have known that I was bigger than
the company would have allowed me to grow.
You gave me the motivation and time to pursue
things that I am passionate about. It has been
an incredible year and I am now more happy and
successful than I have ever been. Thank you again.
Sincerely-
Becky Beissel

There seems to be a special power in putting things in writing. By placing things out into the universe you are deciding what you want your future to hold – you are taking back that control. And when combined with action and belief the possibilities are endless as to what might happen!

So what are you waiting for? What future dream or vision could you put in writing today to shape your life tomorrow?

Becky, Sister of Soul


Soulspiration of the Week:

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” Carl Bard


No comments:

Post a Comment