Welcome to the Soul Sisters Blog!

We’re three sisters on a mission to empower and inspire women everywhere to pursue their passions and achieve their dreams. Our story is probably not unlike your own; a tug at the heartstring, a feeling of wanting more from life, a desire to fulfill a divine purpose. It was these relentless yearnings that inspired the concept of Soulspring Groups.

When our souls open up (and they tend to quite often) we’ve got to share! We invite you to read our thoughts (and occasional rants) on women, empowerment, passion, destiny and life! Feel free to share your comments; we love to hear your thoughts (and rants) too! And, become an official follower! It's always fun to see the company we're keeping!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

No More Resolutions! Live by a Motto!

Previously posted: January 11, 2009

I’ve never been one to make New Year’s resolutions but I have always loved the New Year. As you post up that clean empty calendar it seems like a fresh new start. Naturally we all stop and take inventory of our current lives and imagine what the upcoming year will bring. For me, I have the arrival of baby #2 at the end of March! While it’s very exciting it also brings apprehension – how will I fit this all into my life?

While watching a program this last weekend (Create an Abundant Life with Cheryl Richardson – which I highly recommend!) I decided not to make myself a New Year resolution but instead to give myself a motto for the year. Cheryl Richardson says, “A high quality life often has more to do with what you remove from your life than what you add to it.”

I thought, “Wow, that’s brilliant! It’s completely opposite of how we as women live our lives!” I have always thought that I need to do more, see more, learn more - keep adding to the list, keep adding to the pile. But what I really need to do is cut the extra junk out and put my focus on the important things.

I now see that it’s not about time management, it’s about self management! This year my motto is; I choose.

I choose what needs to be in my life. I choose what doesn’t. That puts me in control, and gives me more comfort, patience, energy, and fun!

How about you? Will you attempt another New Year’s resolution, or instead live by a motto this year?

Becky, Sister of Soul


Soulspiration of the Week:

“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” H. Jackson Brown, Jr.





No comments:

Post a Comment